IEEE TALE 2018
- 4-7 December 2018
- Wollongong, NSW, Australia
CALL FOR PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONSIEEE TALE 2018, 4-7 December 2018, Wollongong, Australia
Deadline: 11 June 2018Conference
TALE is the IEEE Education Society’s flagship Asia-Pacific (Region 10) conference, catering to researchers and practitioners with an interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education – with a particular emphasis on electrical and electronic engineering, telecommunications, computer engineering, computer science and allied disciplines – as well as those interested in the innovative use of digital technologies for learning, teaching and assessment in any discipline. The target audience of the conference is diverse and includes those working in the higher education, vocational education and training (VET), K-12, corporate, government, military, and healthcare sectors.
TALE 2018 will be held in Wollongong, on the spectacular South Coast of New South Wales, Australia. The conference theme is “Engineering Next-Generation Learning”.
(Refereed papers for proceedings)
– Full or Short Paper with Presentation
– Short or Work-in-Progress Paper with Poster
(No paper – refereed on the basis of abstract)
– Engineering and Technology Industry Presentation or Poster
– VET and L&D Professional Presentation or Poster
– K-12 Educator Presentations and Posters
– Pre-Conference Workshops
– Special Sessions
– Panel Sessions
- Engineering Education (Tertiary)
- Computing & IT Education (Tertiary)
- STEM Education (K-12)
- Technology-Enhanced Learning
- Online & Flexible Learning
- Laboratory Learning
- Workplace & Industry-Based Learning
- Community-Based & Informal Learning
- International & Transnational Education
- Equity, Diversity & Widening Participation
– Engineering of Technologies for Learning: An Emerging Discipline (organised in conjunction with ICICLE – the IEEE IC Industry Consortium on Learning Engineering)
– X-Reality & Immersive Learning Environments
– Big Data Analytics & Machine Learning in Education
Additional special track proposals are also being considered until 13 April 2018. See https://www.tale2018.org/propose-a-special-track for details.
(These dates are for the Academic Stream – other dates available on website)
First-Time Author Early Submit: 16 April 2018 (See note below)
First-Time Author Feedback: 15 May 2018
Paper Submission Deadline: 11 June 2018
Notification of Acceptance: 6 August 2018
Final Papers Due: 1 October 2018
Presenter Registration Deadline: 8 October 2018
Conference: 4-7 December 2018
Note: First-time academic authors may opt to submit papers early for additional feedback prior to peer review. This service is limited to the first 50 papers received.
PUBLICATION AND INDEXING
All academic papers accepted for and presented at the conference will be published in the conference proceedings. The conference proceedings will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore digital library. Opportunities to publish revised and expanded versions in Scopus-indexed journals will also be made available to authors of selected papers.
Abstracts from the practitioner stream will NOT be published in the conference proceedings or submitted to IEEE Xplore. However, abridged versions the of abstracts will be made available to attendees via the conference program.
General enquiries about TALE 2018 may be directed to email@example.com .