Competency standards and assessment methods
|Representative||Kazue Tamada (Edogawa University)|
|Vice-Representative||Yoshiko Okada (Shibaura Institute of Technology),Toshiki Matsuda (Tokyo Institute of Technology)|
|SIG committee member||Toshiki Matsuda (Tokyo Institute of Technology)|
|Core member||Tairo Nomura and Nobuko Hagiuda (Saitama Univeristy),Mitsuyo Kuto (Japan Womenfs University),Naomi Kosugi (Hokusho University),Shinichi Endo (Tokyo Tech High School of Science and Technology),Toshifumi Toda (Shinwa Senior High School)|
- Our Missions and Goals
The latest Japanese National Course of Studies aims to cultivate generic skills and sets the following three viewpoints for constructing curriculum and evaluating learnersf achievement: (1) basics and fundamentals; (2) logical thinking, rational judgment, and communication abilities; and (3) attitude of self-learning and enriching humanity. However, the engineering approach must separate the viewpoint of design from assessment, assume rules and theories that relate design elements and mechanisms to target outcomes, and improve their reliability through experiments. This SIG aims to establish a methodology of educational technology for designing school curricula and assessing learnersf achievement of objectives.
- Major Activities and Achievements
Our activities during the fiscal year 2018 and during the coming years are as follows.
- July: workshop held at Edogawa University (main topic is informatics education at high school and university levels)
- September: SIG session at the Annual Conference of JSET (SIG session will be held at the annual Spring Conference of JSET from 2020 but we will hold the Workshop at Sapporo around the Autumn Conference of JSET in 2020)
- November: special planning session at the annual Autumn Conference of JASAG (please check the JASAG web page)
- March: gaming workshop at CIC at Tokyo Tech Tamachi Campus